Stay up-to-date on the 2020 elections with Alexa
From pop culture to politics, customers are increasingly turning to Alexa to learn about current events—including a current event that’s top of mind for many right now: The 2020 U.S. presidential election.
Alexa has already answered millions of questions on politics since the beginning of the year. Thanks to a knowledge graph that utilizes powerful AI and machine learning to encode billions of facts in real time—a fact base that has grown 20-fold over the past five years—Alexa has a deep knowledge of election-related information. She can share the latest polls, tell you about candidate positions, recap debates, and much more. Alexa works dynamically with a growing number of sources such as the Associated Press, Ballotpedia, RealClearPolitics and Factba.se to help you stay informed.
As we head into Super Tuesday, we wanted to share some of the ways Alexa can help you stay up to date on the election. Try asking Alexa one of these questions:
Debate details and recaps
- "Alexa, when is the next debate?"
- "Alexa, what channel is the debate on?"
- "Alexa, what happened in the last debate?"
- "Alexa, how did [candidate] do in the last debate?"
Candidate information and polls
- "Alexa, where is [candidate’s] next campaign event?"
- "Alexa, who endorses [candidate]?"
- "Alexa, where does [candidate] stand on [education/healthcare/etc.]?"
- "Alexa, how is [candidate] polling in [state]?"
- "Alexa, who is still running for president?"
- "Alexa, who can I vote for in [state]?"
Localized voter education
- "Alexa, when are the polls open?"
- "Alexa, when is my primary?"
- "Alexa, when do I need to register to vote?"
- "Alexa, how can I register to vote?"
- "Alexa, what are the election results today?"
- "Alexa, who won in [state?]"
- "Alexa, how many delegates does [candidate] have?"
- "Alexa, how many delegates are up-for-grabs on Super Tuesday?"
- "Alexa, what’s my election update?"
Alexa is always getting smarter and we’ll continue to share new ways you can engage with Alexa throughout the 2020 Presidential campaign. Learn more about our overall approach to elections.