“I have a 5-year-old who has a genetic disorder, and this is where Prime comes in," said Wendi, a single mom of four in rural Missouri. She has limited access to local stores, and her son’s condition requires her to take care of him 24/7. "He already has a lot to deal with and dislikes stores, so even eliminating a trip to the local store makes such a difference for him, and is easier on me. I love it." Wendi is one of the many members who qualify for Amazon’s discounted Prime membership offer.
“We hope to make Prime even more accessible. The combination of shipping, shopping and entertainment provide a tremendous amount of value to members.”
Starting today, we are extending eligibility for the discounted Prime membership to include qualifying recipients of Medicaid. To qualify for a $5.99 monthly Prime membership, customers must have a valid EBT or Medicaid card. Qualifying customers can renew their discounted membership every year, for up to four years, with the ability to cancel anytime.
“We hope to make Prime even more accessible,” said Cem Sibay, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “With more than 100 million products to choose from, low prices, time savings, and fast and convenient delivery options, the combination of shipping, shopping and entertainment provide tremendous value to customers.”
Rachel, a single mom from Oregon who shared her story in the video above said, “I usually start my shopping at Amazon and end it there too. It helps me make a decision when purchasing something. If you shop online, listen to music, and watch shows or movies, this is a no brainer.”
More members shared stories about how Prime has made their lives easier with low prices and convenient delivery options, especially those living in rural areas or with physical limitations. We also found that members find value shopping for items online, such as diapers and paper towels, and devices including Echo Dot and Fire 7 Tablets.
Mark from Pennsylvania is retired and disabled. He found out about the program when it first launched and joined right away. He uses his membership almost daily:
"It’s become a part of my life now. I don’t have to try to get to the store anymore if I need something. And signing up was so easy. I was approved to start shopping and using all the other Prime benefits right away."
Robert from Mississippi is a military veteran and cancer survivor who is now pursuing his lifelong dream of completing his education:
"Prime has made life so much easier for me. I use free shipping all the time. Anything I need, I can just get delivered to my doorstep so I can do more important things like spend time with my nine grandkids."
Theresa is a mom from Indiana who recently started homeschooling her son. Almost all her time is spent with him:
"I don’t have to go to the store and lug all my groceries back home. It all works out great for me. I always compare prices when I do my shopping, and Amazon constantly has low prices which makes it even easier."
Crystal from Alabama works from home and is trying to start her own business so that she can spend more time with her kids:
"I was so happy when I found out about the discount offer. I love being a Prime member and I use it to purchase all my kids’ toys. In fact, my kids have total control of the Fire TV stick I ordered, so I usually end up watching my shows on Prime Video … there’s something for all of us."
Prime members get access to fast, free delivery along with the following benefits at no additional cost.
- Prime Video: Unlimited streaming on thousands of popular movies and TV shows
- Prime Music: Ad-free access to stream more than two million songs, expert-curated playlists, personalized stations for offline listening, and exclusive voice features powered by Alexa on enabled devices
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage within the Prime Photos app to securely store existing photo collections, automatically upload new photos and access them anytime, anywhere, at no cost
- Prime Reading: Unlimited access to a rotating selection of more than a thousand books, magazines, comics, and more
- Audible Channels for Prime: Premium original podcasts, audio series, and audiobooks
- Amazon First Reads: Early access to new books and one free editor-selected Kindle book each month
- Twitch Prime: Discounts on most pre-release boxed games, free in-game loot, and full games from indie developers
- Early Access: Exclusive early access to select Lightning Deals
- Prime Free Same-Day Delivery and Prime Free One Day-Shipping: Available to members in more than 8,000 cities and towns
- Prime Now: Free two-hour delivery on tens of thousands of items in select cities