AmazonSmile is a way for customers to support their favorite charity every time they shop with Amazon, at no extra cost. Customers who start their shopping at smile.amazon.com will find the same Amazon they know and love, with the bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price of eligible items to the charity they choose.
Thanks to customers who select their charity of choice and start their shopping at AmazonSmile, Amazon has donated $100 million, and counting, to charities doing impactful work around the world.
To celebrate, on Monday, October 29 through Friday, November 2, AmazonSmile will donate 5% (10x the typical donation rate) of the purchase price of eligible products to customers’ selected charity when they shop at smile.amazon.com.
Hundreds of thousands of charitable organizations, from humanitarian groups to schools, hospitals, cultural organizations, pet shelters, and many more have benefited from the donations provided through the AmazonSmile program.
With the donations received:
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital could provide 20,000 units of red blood cells for transfusions or 35,570 days of oxygen
- Nature Conservancy could plant 1.2 million trees across the world through the Plant a Billion Trees campaign or could plant nearly half a million corals in the Caribbean
- Worldreader could change the lives of 1,600 students in Sub Saharan Africa by providing a digital library of over 25,000 books on Kindles
- Heifer International could provide 28,100 chickens to entrepreneurial women working in agriculture
- The ASPCA could provide a years’ worth of food for 8,750 dogs and 7,000 cats
“It's been incredible to see AmazonSmile grow, with customers now bringing clean water to over 42,000 people around the world," said Scott Harrison, Founder and CEO of charity: water. "When people gain access to clean and safe drinking water, families are healthier. Dignity is restored. Women and girls who wasted hours every day walking to collect dirty water can go to school, earn extra income, or spend more time with friends and family. The impact AmazonSmile has made is far-reaching, and we can't wait for what this community does next.”
“We’re a small, local non-profit. With the donations we receive through AmazonSmile we are able to provide a pair of ballet shoes to every boy and girl with physical needs who comes to our program with a seemingly impossible dream to dance,” said Joann Ferrara, Founder of Dancing Dreams.