The best of Amazon Prime in 2017
So many of our biggest trends in 2017 were set by Prime members around the world. And Prime members shopped last year - ordering more than five billion items in 2017 with Prime. They also used digital benefits more than in past years - see below for more details on what they watched, listened to, and read.
Best of Prime 2017 not only demonstrates what was trending this year, it also gives us insight into what our members love and provides inspiration so we can continue to innovate, invest, and make Prime even better in 2018.
“From Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot to Imagine Dragons, Manchester by the Sea, and even the Instant Pot, Prime members certainly have great taste! Tens of millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits included with Prime, and in fact, more new paid members joined Prime worldwide this year than any previous year. In 2017, more than five billion items worldwide shipped with Prime and members used digital benefits like Prime Video, Prime Music, and Prime Reading more than ever before,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime.
“Our Best of Prime feature not only demonstrates what was trending this year, it also gives us insight into what members love, providing additional inspiration as we continue to innovate, invest, and make Prime even better in 2018.”
Most played songs and artists on Prime Music
More on Prime Music:
- Prime members in the U.S. loved listening to curated playlists by Amazon Music experts, including; “Top Prime Songs,” “Uptempo Pop for Work,” and “Relaxing Acoustic Pop.”
Prime Reading unlocks what’s new and brings back classics
- Dystopian novels held the top spots on Prime Reading’s 2017 ‘most borrowed’ list, including Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale and George Orwell’s 1984.
- When it came to magazines, food publications Clean Eating and Bon Appétit Magazine held the top ‘most read’ spots on Prime Reading.The most popular Prime-eligible audiobook on Audible was No Excuses! by Brian Tracy.
Amazon Originals Were in Demand on Prime Video
More on Prime Video:
- Live coverage of 10 NFL Thursday Night Football games on Prime Video this season reached more than 17 million combined viewers in over 200 countries and territories.
- Based on trailer views, one of the most anticipated Prime Originals in the U.S. was Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.
More great entertainment with Twitch Prime and Audible Channels for Prime
- Twitch Prime members worldwide ordered more than five million pre-release games with a Prime discount.
- Twitch Prime offered more than $1,100 in free gaming content in 2017, including 23 full games for free and 113 pieces of loot across 19 of the most popular games of the year. This included rare or exclusive content in Overwatch, Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, and Warframe, which were three of the most popular bundles of loot among Twitch Prime Members in 2017.
Instant Pot was Hot
A Prime Day favorite in the U.S., the Instant Pot heated things up in 2017. Instant Pot was the most gifted item on Amazon Wedding Registry, and the most Wish Listed item of the year by members and the Instant Pot Cookbook was the most gifted book by members as well in the U.S. in 2017. In fact, the Instant Pot found itself a spot in homes from coast to coast and was delivered to 27,000 U.S. zip codes.
Check out the full list and see what else topped the lists at Best of Prime 2017.